25,000 Reasons to Become an Explorer in Filmmaking: IMAX, Newsweek & The Daily Beast Present The IMAX® Award
For more than 40 years, IMAX has been fueled by the passion that lives inside filmmakers whose goals are to educate through exploration and storytelling. Exploring is a huge part of our foundation, and now, we’re passing along the opportunity for up-and-coming filmmakers to be recognized for their ability to take audiences to places they’ve only dreamed of going.
IMAX, Newsweek & The Daily Beast have partnered to present aspiring filmmakers with The IMAX® Award - to recognize those with a desire to compel audiences through exploration. By submitting a one-to-two minute video clip, contestants can enter for a chance to win The IMAX® Award. Along with this prestigious award, the recipient will receive a $25,000 scholarship or film production award and have their video presented at the Newsweek & The Daily Beast Explorer event in 2013.There’s no time to waste! The NEW deadline for submissions is January 31, 2012. Check out the details below.
- Visit The IMAX Award website at http://vimeo.com/groups/imaxaward to SUBMIT YOUR TRAILER TODAY.
- Entrants should upload a one- to two-minute video entry to the award site by 11:59 p.m. ET Jan. 31.
- Video entries should be shot in a documentary style and focused on the theme of exploration with the goal of transporting audiences to a place they’ve previously only dreamed of going.
- Submissions will be judged on how closely they align with the theme of exploration as well as:
- Film technique – the use of lighting, sound and cinematography
- Originality – using film techniques in a creative fashion to take the audience on a unique journey
- Social resonance – receiving the largest number of votes and positive comments on the Awards site
- The top 10 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET on Dec. 3 and ending at 5:00 p.m. ET on Dec. 7.
- Each finalist’s video entry will be posted on the Award site from 9:00 a.m. ET on Dec. 10 through 9:00 a.m. ET on Dec. 21 and will be subject to voting by site visitors, who will assist the judges in selecting the grand prize winner.
For full contest details be sure to visit: www.thedailybeast.com/sponsored/2012/10/imax-awards-contest-rules.html