Trip and Booking Checklist
Use our checklist to make sure all of the
elements of your field trip are in place.
Advance reservations are required to receive the rates listed below.
Rates: Students: $6.50 Adults (18+) $7.75 *Save an additional $1.00 per person with a same day zoo field trip.
Double Feature Special: Any second traditional IMAX seen on the same day $4.50 per person.
Going to the the Minnesota Zoo. Click here for more information or call 952.431.9218
Two weeks before your trip
- Review your goals for your visit. Use the educator resource guide to help interest the students in the topic. Film guides are available once the group is booked for a film. Some films may not have guides available.
- Orient chaperones by sharing your field trip goals.
One Week Before Your Trip
- Check on bus reservation and schedule.
- Obtain check payable to the Great Clips IMAX Theatre at the Minnesota Zoo. If you are going to another attraction (MN Zoo, etc.) please have payment for other attraction separate from the IMAX. No other discounts or coupons are accepted with a group reservation. Reservations are corrected on site and cash will be given back if the check is over the amount.
- Assemble a packet to bring with you:
- Copy of the reservation confirmation
- Bus driver maps
- List of all students and chaperones
- Group and bus assignments
- Schedule of the day
- Any activity sheets you will use
- Complete pre-visit classroom activities that integrate your curriculum with your field trip.
- Review schedule and plans for the trip with students
- Review Theatre Manners. Share behavior expectations and your own trip guidelines. Students must stay with their chaperones.
Theatre Manners: A few rules to assure a safe and fun trip for all.
- Respect others in your group and other theatre patrons
- Use indoor voices
- No gum in the theatre
- No climbing over seats, no feet on the seat backs
- Ten students with chaperone are allowed in the theatre gift shop at a time – no more, please.
- If your group is attending a 3D presentation, glasses must be returned after the show.
Before Leaving School
- Meet with chaperones to review schedule, your expectations, and theatre manners.
- Get an accurate count of students.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled show time.
- The adult with the payment check should go directly to the box office and check the group in for the show. Other chaperones should bring their groups to the entrance to the show.
- Chaperones should direct students to be quiet so the theatre staff can make all necessary announcements.
- Enjoy the show.
- At the end of the show exit theatre if students go into the gift show chaperones must be with the students.
JOIN IMAX EDUCATORS CONNECTION
SIGN UP TODAY!
The IEC is an exclusive membership for educators. Benefits include advance information on upcoming films and personal invitations to film screenings. Sign up today.