Plan and Book Your Trip
Decide which film you would like your students to see and contact the IMAX Theater in the Indiana State Museum Group Sales Department at 317-232-1637 or click here to request more information about booking a group (please note that this is a request for more information not a confirmed booking). Films at the IMAX Theater in the Indiana State Museum range from Traditional Standard Feature Films (60 min or less) to Special Engagement Feature Films.
To activate a film from our Film Library requires a group of at least 200 -or- contact the IMAX Theater for existing show times -or- to be paired with another group.
PRICES FOR MOVIES ARE AS FOLLOW (for groups of 15 or more). ADVANCE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED.
1. Traditional Standard Feature IMAX Film (films 60 minutes or less): Students K-12: $5.50 Teachers: $5.50 Chaperones: up to one chaperone per five students $5.50 Additional Chaperones: $8.50 -No passes including educator passes or discounts can be used on group visits.
2. Special Engagement Films (films lasting more than an 1 hr in length): Students K-12: $8 Teachers: $8 Chaperones: up to one chaperone per five students $8 Additional Chaperones: $13 - No passes including educator passes or discounts can be used on group visits.
*A second Traditional Standard Feature film may be added at a discounted rate of $4 per person. Please check your school’s calendar for conflicts including assemblies, standardized tests, half-days, etc.
• Have at least three possible dates available when you call to book, as some days and times may already be sold out or booked as another film.
• Have a close estimate of the number of students and adults including teachers and additional chaperones that will be attending the film. Seats can sell quickly, and we would hate for anyone to be left out! *Please note that final numbers are due upon arrival, some films may be full so any additional people that are not included in original count may not be able attend show.*
• Once you have received your invoice from the IMAX Theater, begin distributing Field Trip Forms. Also, download, if available, a teacher resource guide for your film by clicking here
• Contact your bus company to schedule transportation to and from the IMAX Theater.
• Make sure that all field trip forms and money are turned in prior to your reservation date. *Please note that full payment is due upon arrival, and that once payment has been received tickets become non-refundable and non-exchangable.*
• To receive discounted concessions and to ensure that your order is ready upon arrival, pre-purchase concessions by faxing completed concession form to the IMAX Theater Group Sales Department at 317-233-2438. Please have a final count so that we may ensure we have enough for your group. *Please note that a final count on the number of concession packages needed and full payment must be in at least 72-hours in advance of show-date.
***PLEASE NOTE: THE FORM BELOW IS NOT A RESERVATION BUT A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION REGARDING MAKING A RESERVATION***