Why I Love IMAX VR Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF AND ORDER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MINORS WILL NEED THEIR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you, as “Entrant”, agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract so read them carefully before entering. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Sponsor (defined below) from you, Entrant, and a limitation of your rights and remedies.
ENTRY VIA TWITTER, TWITTER ACCOUNT AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. ENTRANTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES USING “PROTECTED” OR PRIVATETWITTER ACCOUNTS.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc. Each Entrant (as defined below) participating in this Promotion is providing information to Sponsor and not to Twitter. Twitter is a registered trademark.
Each winner and any minor winner’s parent or legal guardian for himself or herself may be required to execute PRIZE ACCEPTANCE / AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / FORM(S).
- Eligibility: This Why I Love IMAX VR Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of Los Angeles County, California who are at least 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. NOTE: An eligible minor must check the age of majority of his/her state or province and must obtain his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering. (Each entrant to the Sweepstakes shall be referred to in this Official Rules as “Entrant”). Employees of Way To Blue (“WTB”), IMAX Corporation (“IMAX”), IMAX VR, LLC (“IMAX VR”), Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies, directors, officers and distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, family members are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter: During the Entry Period, Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes via the following method:
- Twitter: During the Entry Period, Entrant must: (i) have a Twitter account; (ii) have an internet connection; (iii) be considered a member in good standing with Twitter, as determined by Twitter in its sole discretion; (iv) follow Sponsor on Twitter (@IMAXVR); and (v) post a tweet on Entrant’s Twitter account indicating why she or he loves IMAX VR along with the unique hashtag #WhyILoveIMAXVR and the hashtag #Sweepstakes.
For any Twitter Entry, Entrant's Twitter submission (“Submission”) must meet the following content restrictions (collectively, "Restrictions"):
- Submission must be written by Entrant.
- Submission must be Entrant's original creation.
- Submission must not include materials that violate or infringe another person's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
- Submission must not contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or material that contains any derogatory or disparaging references to Entrant, third parties, or Sponsor.
- Submission must not contain content that engages in, encourages, advocates, discusses with the intent to commit, or provides instructions for conduct that would cause any physical, emotional or mental harm to Entrant or any third party.
- Submission must not contain content that engages in, encourages, advocates, discusses with the intent to commit, or provides instructions for conduct that would illicit any form of controversy, or that would constitute a criminal or civil offense or would otherwise violate any federal, state, local, provincial or international law or rule.
- Submission must not have been previously submitted to another contest on a media or social network, or submitted to any entity (entertainment or otherwise) for any other purpose in connection with a contest or a sweepstakes.
- Sponsor shall moderate Submission for eligibility. Entrant who submits a Submission which violates any of these Restrictions may be deemed ineligible to receive any prize and their Submission may be void at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its absolute discretion to reject any Submission which it deems to contain objectionable or offensive content. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate or fair content. Submission will not be returned and the terms of these Official Rules will apply to the Submission.
In consideration of a Submission being entered into this Sweepstakes, Entrant (and Entrant represents and warrants that each person in a Submission):
- Hereby releases and irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its affiliates all rights in and to the Submission, including without limitation any copyright therein, and the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid, universal right and license to use, license, incorporate, broadcast, telecast, webcast, distribute, re-use, publish, re-publish, edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, alter or otherwise exploit such Submission (and to permit others to do the same), or any portion thereof, including to the extent applicable (x) all of Entrant’s (and each person in a Submission’s) rights, licenses and privileges in and into Submissions; (y) any information, biographical data, and material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest; and (z) all images, graphics, statements, quotations and any other creative materials furnished by Entrant as part of the Sweepstakes entry (the “Materials”) in any media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of Internet and wireless protocol, and for any and all purposes including without limitation merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose.
- Acknowledges and understands that Sponsor shall have the right to make unlimited derivative works of the Submission and to assign or transfer any or all such rights in and to the Submission.
- Understands that his or her name and other Materials may be publicly displayed on a number of websites, including, without limitation, on Sponsor’s website.
- Agrees that the Released Parties (as defined below), or any of their respective affiliates, have no obligation to use or otherwise exploit any Materials, including without limitation, any Submission.
- Without limitation to the language set forth in these Official Rules, releases the Released Parties from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including, but not limited to, any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith.
- Agrees and acknowledges that participation in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Entrant’s decision to provide the Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Sweepstakes, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Sponsor and Entrant, nor does it place the Entrant in a position that is any different from the position held be members of the general public with regards to elements of the Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between Sponsor and Entrant are these Official Rules and the required documents, set forth below.
Limit one (1) entry per person will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple Twitter accounts or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive, profane or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant (or if the Entrant is a minor, said Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Twitter account of the entry, which the Entrant will have the obligation to establish. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider and/or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor is not responsible for postage-due or lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic.
NOTE ABOUT “PRIVATE” OR “PROTECTED MODE”: Sponsor may not receive entries from Twitter users with “protected” or “private” updates (i.e., user has set their account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) due to the way Twitter operates its service.
NOTE ABOUT MOBILE: If Entrant opts to receive Sponsor's Twitter updates via Entrant’s wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), data charges may apply for data sent or received from Entrant’s handset according to the terms and conditions of Entrant’s service agreement with Entrant’s wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime, data charges and carrier charges) and may appear on Entrant’s mobile phone bill or be deducted from Entrant’s prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans or data plans may vary, and Entrant should contact Entrant’s wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone means that Entrant understands that Entrant may receive additional data from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes, including to notify Entrant if Entrant is a potential winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to Entrant’s carrier's rate plan. Use of Instagram may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Entrant should check Entrant’s phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
- Sweepstakes Random Drawings: Potential winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor and/or its representative from among all eligible Entries received on or about the first business day following the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prize(s), ARV and Odds: The “Prize” to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is as follows:
One (1) winner will receive one (1) unlimited single day pass for him/herself and three (3) guests to access and use the Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre, located at 157 S. Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046. Winner and guests must use the pass together on the same day. Winner must redeem the Prize on or before February 28, 2019 and must contact Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre to reserve a virtual reality pod at least two (2) business day in advance of use. Tickets to the Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre are available to the general public, may be pre-sold for specific dates and times, and subject to availability. Full schedules and contact information for the Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre can be found at https://imaxvr.imax.com/locations/losangeles, which are subject to change without notice.
* If the winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, then at least one (1) of winner’s guests must be his/her guardian or parent, and any references to “winner” set forth herein shall either apply to winner and/or his/her guardian or parent, as applicable and/or required by law. Winner’s guest may be a minor provided that said winner is the guest’s parent or guardian.
* If winner and/or guests are minors, participation at Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre is subject to any guest restrictions and limitations of Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre. Specifically, if winner or guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or guardian must complete a waiver on his/her behalf. A parent or guardian may sign an online waiver by clicking on the “Sign Up” button located on the IMAX VR website or complete the waiver in person at Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre. Children aged seven (7) to twelve (12) years also require the accompaniment of a parent or guardian prior to participating in an IMAX VR Experience. No children under the age of seven (7) are permitted to participate in an IMAX VR Experience. To access the online waiver or to read further on the age restrictions of IMAX VR, please visit https://imaxvr.imax.com/.
* Winner and/or guests’ participation at Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre is subject to all rules, restrictions, and limitations of Los Angeles IMAX VR Centre, its agents/staff, including but not limited to the execution and return of all required liability waivers and releases and compliance with verbal instructions of on-site IMAX VR agents/staff.
ARV (Approximate Retail Value) of the prize package is One Hundred Fifty-Nine United States Dollars and Ninety-Six Cents (US $159.96). Any difference between the ARV and actual retail value of a prize will not be awarded to winners. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and Entrants hereby acknowledge that the Prize is awarded “as is” and Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including, without limitation, to the Prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. The Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with the Prize, the Sponsor may elect, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The stated ARV of the Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. To claim the Prize, Prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with Prize winner’s correct full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. The winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize they receive. Unclaimed Prize will be forfeited. The Prize will be awarded provided that a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
- Winner Selection. The potential winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected at random by Sponsor or a representative selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, from among all qualified eligible entries from the list of Entrants who responded to Sponsor’s call to action and included the hashtag #WhyILoveIMAXVR. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to the Twitter “Reply” function that may interfere with Sweepstakes or ability of Entrant to timely enter. Qualifying eligible Entries are those that comply with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s call-to-action (where applicable). Entries will be determined by checking the list of Entrants who posted on Twitter with the appropriate call—to-action and included the hashtag #WhyILoveIMAXVR. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to any Twitter function that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or ability of Entrant to timely enter. Sponsor is not responsible for any actions in connection with any internet server that entrant uses that may interfere with ability of Entrant to timely enter. The drawing date for the Sweepstakes is on August 27, 2018. Winner will be announced on August 31, 2018 at or about 11:00 AM PDT. The potential winner will be notified (“Notification”), within 24 hours of when the winner is selected, using the direct message feature on Twitter for the user’s respective account that posted the responsive update if the winner is a follower of @IMAXVR. Winner may be asked to provide additional information necessary for claiming the Prize, including but not limited to his/her e-mail address and/or mailing address so that Sponsor can provide additional information necessary for claiming the Prize, and documentation evidencing winner’s residency within the Los Angeles County, California. Winner shall have 24 hours to respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning to claim his/her prize, after which time the original winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and Sponsor or a representative of Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
The potential winner will be contacted, within 24 hours of the when the winner is selected via:
- Twitter: If the winning Entry was posted on Twitter, Notification consists of (i) the direct message feature on Twitter if the potential winner is a follower of @IMAXVR; or (ii) an @Reply to the potential winner’s Entry if the winner is not a follower of @IMAXVR. If a potential winner is not a follower of @IMAXVR, then the potential winner will have to set his or her Twitter account to follow @IMAXVR (so that Sponsor will be able to send a private direct message via Twitter) within time stated in the notice of the Sponsor’s submission of an @Reply to the potential winner’s Entry or else the Sponsor may disqualify the winner’s Entry. However, this is only for purposes of facilitating eligibility verification and prize fulfillment communication and may be discontinued following that process. It is Entrant’s responsibility to timely and appropriately set Entrant’s account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check Entrant’s account for such messages.
In the event the potential winner is under the age of majority, Required Documents (as defined below) must be singed and returned by the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian prior to the awarding of the Prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of delivery of notice attempting to use such methods. The potential winner (and his or her parents or legal guardians if under the age of majority) may be required to submit a Prize Acceptance Form / Declaration of Compliance/Affidavit of Eligibility or Confirmation of Eligibility and Release of Liability (collectively, the "Required Documents") within five (5) business days of attempted notification. If the notification, or Required Documents are returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, is lost, rejected or faulty or if Sponsor does not receive a response from any potential winner within five (5) business days of attempted notification, such winner may be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner. Non-compliance may result in disqualification and award of the Prize to an alternate winner. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, a more bona fide winner comes forward seeking to claim Prizes in excess of the number of each type of Prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winner(s), or remaining winner(s), as the case may be, of the advertised number of Prize(s) available may be selected by Sponsor or its representative in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such Prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The results of any random drawing are subject to the validation of results by Sponsor or its representatives, in its sole discretion. Any and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and/or his/her legal guardian or parent.
Limit one (1) Prize per household.
- Odds: Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received and the timing of the Entries submitted.
- GENERAL: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Sweepstakes in any way, shall be disqualified. Entrants and Prize winner(s) agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, IMAX, Way To Blue, Twitter and each of its respective officers, employees, directors, parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating theatres, agencies and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”) from liability of any kind or nature for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind or any other costs or expenses resulting from or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder or from Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or acceptance, possession or use, misuse or awarding of a Prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, any injury, damage death, loss or accident to person or property. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to use Prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical data and statements for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or additional compensation.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, human or other errors in these Official Rules, in the administration of the Sweepstakes, in the announcement of the Prize winner, and/or in any advertising or other associated promotional materials in connection with the Sweepstakes. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, dropped dial-up internet connections, interrupted broadband, cable, or wireless internet connections, cell phone dropped calls, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestions, incomplete or inaccurate capture of Entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an Entrant’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone or other electronic computing or telephone equipment, or other matter relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes and no compensation will be payable. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- GOVERNING LAW / DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT.
- WINNER(S) LIST: To obtain the names of the Winner(s), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before October 27, 2018.
- SPONSOR: IMAX VR, LLC, 2525 Speakman Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L5K 1B1.
- COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Why I Love IMAX VR Sweepstakes, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, California, 90094.
- TAXES: The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize they receive. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold.
///END OFFICIAL RULES///