Official Rules for The Suicide Squad IMAX® Fantasy Draft Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (“Warner Bros.”), its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including DC) who are at least 17 years old at the time of entry. Employees of IMAX Corporation (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. If you are a minor, you must have permission from your parent or guardian in order to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Entry Period begins at 12:00 pm PT on August 3, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on August 9, 2021. Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: You may enter via any of the following ways during the Entry Period:
c. For all Entries: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of entry method. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding.
4. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: You do not transfer ownership of your entry by entering the Sweepstakes. However, by entering, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you.
5. Drawing: On or about August 10, 2021, Sponsor will select ten (10) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Within seven (7) days of the drawing, Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners by email. If the potential winner doesn’t respond and provide the required contact information within seven (7) days, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries, if time permits.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration or affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, and time permits, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. No more than three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted. If a potential winner is a minor, all documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
7. Prizes: Ten (10) winners will each receive one (1) signed DC comic book (signatory determined by Sponsor) with 12-month DCUI access (ARV for each prize = $84.99). Total ARV of all prizes = $849.90. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred prior to award and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Warner Bros. and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of a prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors that may impair your ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (c) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes arising from circumstances beyond our reasonable control; (c) any claim or allegation that your Entry infringes any copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property right; and (e) claims relating to injuries, death, or damage to persons or property relating in any way to your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of a prize.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the entrant, or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of any stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, mutilated, or misdirected entries, email, Instagram direct message, mail, or Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements, or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware, or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable or otherwise not received or noticed by entrant as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s email or voicemail inbox to receive email or voicemail messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify you, if your email address or other contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner (or any person claiming through such entrant or winner) for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected by any cause or event beyond the sole and reasonable control of the applicable Released Party (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid, act of public enemy, war (declared or undeclared), civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, epidemic, fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, hurricane, unusually severe weather, blackout, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, any law, rule, regulation, action, order, or request adopted, taken, or made by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such governmental act proves to be invalid), or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Los Angeles, California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Winner Information: To request the names of the winners, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Suicide Squad IMAX Fantasy Draft Sweepstakes Winner List, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90094. Requests must be received by August 17, 2021.
13. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by IMAX Corporation, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90094.
© 2021 IMAX Corporation.
IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.
© 2021 WBEI TM & © DC.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies’ products and services as a prize does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Sweepstakes by such companies.