IMAX CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
IMAX Corporation (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our,”) respects the privacy of job applicants and our employees (“you” or “your”).
This IMAX California Employee Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) applies solely to natural persons who are California residents, as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations. We are adopting this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
It is the Company’s intent to safeguard and protect the privacy and security of its applicants’ and employees' personal information we collect that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an employee or job applicant (“personal information”).
This Notice is intended to inform you of the personal information that we collect, use, and share (collectively, “process”), why we process this information, and the ways in which we will protect this information. Please take a moment to become familiar with our privacy practices as described below.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from employees and job applicants within the last twelve (12) months:
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute, such as name, phone number, postal address, email address, etc.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as gender, marital status, veteran or military status, etc.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as job title, place of work, etc.
- Education information, such as academic major, educational institution, etc.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from job applications you fill out online or at career fairs or that you provide to us through the onboarding process for new employees.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from third-party job search websites, such as LinkedIn.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, background checking agencies.
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information for us to process your application, we will use that information to process and begin the application and hiring process.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our Company events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different or unrelated purposes without providing you notice.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy or this Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Notice
If we make any material changes to this Notice, we will let you know. We will also update the Notice’s “Effective Date” above.