Términos y condiciones de los sorteos
Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. THE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. DESCRIPTION: Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is a sweepstakes that provides entrants (each, an “Entrant”) a chance to win the prizes listed below. See below for more details. The sponsor of this Promotion is IMAX Corporation (“Sponsor”). Any references to “you” or “your” shall be a reference to Entrant.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to natural persons who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the beginning of the Promotion Period (as defined below). The Promotion may only be entered in or from the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec). Void in Quebec. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction will be disqualified. An eligible minor must obtain his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering. Employees of IMAX Corporation (“Sponsor”), Paramount Pictures (“Paramount”), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, directors, and officers, and each of their immediate family members and persons living in their same household (whether legally related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins on May 23, 2017 on or about 12:00AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on June 4, 2017 at 11:59PM PT (the “Promotion Period”). To enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period: Go to the Promotion registration page located at: http://www.imax.com/sweeps (the "Web Site"). The Web Site will contain a description of the Promotion and the official entry form. Complete the entry form with Entrant’s first and last name, e-mail address, zip code and date of birth and click on the "Submit" button. Entrant must complete the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Entrants who are not currently subscribers to the Sponsor's e-Newsletter may choose to subscribe on the Promotion entry form. Subscribers will receive IMAX news, sweepstakes announcements, film announcements and occasional requests to update their subscriber profile via e-mail. Subscribers may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription is not required to enter the Promotion. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the submitted e-mail address by the relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a sweepstakes service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period, will be included in the drawing for prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon Entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. (Canadian residents should refer to Section 6 below about the need to correctly answer a skill-testing question before being declared a winner). All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The Web Site's database clock with be the official time keeper for this Promotion. Only one entry per person per day.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) 4-day/3-night trip for two (2) people to Chicago, Illinois (the “Trip”) (ARV $4,000). The Trip includes round trip economy air transportation for two (2) from the major airport nearest winner’s residence+ to Chicago, Illinois, two (2) nights hotel accommodations (based on single room, double occupancy), ground transportation to/from area airport and hotel, one (1) gift card in an amount equal to US$500 and two (2) tickets to the premiere screening of the motion picture Transformers: The Last Knight (the “Premiere”)++.
●If the Grand Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, then said Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be his/her guardian or parent, and any references to “Grand Prize winner” set forth below shall either apply to Grand Prize winner and/or his/her guardian or parent, as applicable and/or required by law.
●●Grand Prize winner’s travel companion may be a minor provided that said Grand Prize winner is the travel companion’s parent or guardian.
+Airline tickets are for travel from major airport in the United States or Canada, nearest winner’s home to Chicago, Illinois. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and travel companion (who must be eighteen (18) or older or age of majority in jurisdiction of residence) must travel together on the same itinerary and must comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Travel companion of the Grand Prize winner will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure (or if travel companion is a minor, then said travel companion’s parent or guardian will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure). Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid passport, valid government issued photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. All travel must be taken between June 19, 2017 and June 21, 2017. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Grand Prize winner acknowledges and agrees that IMAX may be unable to book the Trip on Grand Prize winner’s desired date, in which case IMAX will use good faith efforts to book the Trip on a date within 7 days before/after Grand Prize winner’s desired date. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, airline baggage fees, taxes, tips, entertainment, and airport transportation to and from Grand Prize winner’s home residence are the Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The ARV for travel prizes may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Promotion begins. The Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Grand Prize winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. The Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Grand Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions. In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion home with no further compensation. Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining a visa and all necessary immigration permits/permissions if required for entry into Canada and all costs associated thereto.
++Transformers: The Last Knight is scheduled for theatrical release on June 21, 2017. The Premiere, if any, is anticipated to occur on June 20, 2017, but the specific date is subject to change. Nothing set forth herein shall be construed to require Sponsor to hold a premiere of Transformers: The Last Knight at any particular time, or at all. Once the Winner’s guest is designated, he/she may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Transformers: The Last Knight is not yet rated by the Motion Picture Association of America. If the Winner is unable to participate in the Trip during the dates set forth by Sponsor above, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event that the Premiere does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons included but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, or for any other reason, then in lieu of the Trip, the Winner will receive the remaining components, if any, of the Prize, which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s Prize obligation to the Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded.
ARV (Approximate Retail Value) of the Grand Prize is $4,000. Any difference between the ARV and actual retail value of a prize will not be awarded to winners. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and entrants hereby acknowledge that any prize awarded is awarded “as is” and Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, including, without limitation, to the prizes’ quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with any of the prizes, the Sponsor may elect, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The stated ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. To claim a prize and before prize winner is awarded said prize, a prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with prize winner’s correct full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number for tax reporting purposes. Each winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited. All prizes will be awarded provided that a sufficient number of eligible entries are received.
Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 5, 2017, from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period by Sponsor or a representative selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion. Eligible entries are those in which all required fields have been completed correctly and otherwise comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means.
Limit one (1) winner per household.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified via e-mail within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the potential winner is selected. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail (“Notification”). In the event that Sponsor is unable to reach the potential winner or he/she does not respond within five (5) business days from Notification, he/she will be disqualified and Sponsor will select a new winner according to these Official Rules, time permitting. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize. Once a potential winner is contacted (or if the potential winner is a minor, his/her guardian or parent), the potential winner will then be required to complete and return, via e-mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and where legal a Publicity Release, and any other additional documents required by Sponsor (“Required Documents”) within five (5) business days from Notification, or if the winner is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance or Conformation of Eligibility and Release, within five (5) business days of Notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer unaided via e-mail, an arithmetic skill-testing question prior to receiving prize. Return of Prize notification will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. In the event a potential prize winner is under the age of majority, Required Documents must be signed and returned by minor’s parent or legal guardian prior to the awarding of prizes.
7. GENERAL/RELEASES/INDEMNIFITEES: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any way, shall be disqualified.
Entrants and prize winners agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Paramount, and each of their respective officers, employees, directors, parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating theatres, agencies and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) from liability of any kind or nature for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind or any other costs or expenses resulting from or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder or from Entrant’s participation in this Promotion, or acceptance, possession or use, misuse or awarding of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, any injury, damage death, loss or accident to person or property. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to use winner’s name, likeness, biographical data and statements for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or additional compensation. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Entrants agree that Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Promotion and/or with respect to the prize, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (B) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with the Promotion; and (C) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. By entering the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, human or other errors in these Official Rules, in the administration of the Promotion, in the announcement of the prize winners, and/or in any advertising or other associated promotional materials in connection with the Promotion. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, dropped dial-up internet connections, interrupted broadband, cable, or wireless internet connections, cell phone dropped calls, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestions, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an Entrant’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone or other electronic computing or telephone equipment, or other matter relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion and no compensation will be payable. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GOVERNING LAW / DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Promotion.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2017.
11. SPONSOR: IMAX Corporation, 2525 Speakman Drive Mississauga, Ontario L5K 1B1, Canada.
12. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Transformers” IMAX Sweeps, 12582 West Millennium Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90094.
13. TAXES: The winners will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
///END OFFICIAL RULES///
© 2017, IMAX Corporation. IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.