Dunkirk IMAX Facebook Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. THE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. MINORS WILL NEED THEIR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
ENTRY VIA FACEBOOK AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND CONNECTION REQUIRED
1. DESCRIPTION: The Dunkirk IMAX Facebook Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is a sweepstakes that provides entrants (each, an “Entrant”) a chance to win the prizes listed below. See below for more details. The sponsor of this Promotion is IMAX Corporation (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to natural persons who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the beginning of the Promotion Period (as defined below). The Promotion may only be entered in or from the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec). Entries originating from any other jurisdiction will be disqualified. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. An eligible minor must check the age of majority of his/her state or province and must obtain his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering. Employees of IMAX Corporation (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros. Pictures (“Warner Bros.”), Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC, (“Fandango”) and Cineplex Entertainment LP (“Cineplex”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, directors, and officers, and each of their immediate family members and persons living in their same household (whether legally related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize. Facebook, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins on August 4, 2017 on or about 7:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") and ends on August 6, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PDT (the “Promotion Period”). To enter the Promotion, Entrant must: (i) visit the official IMAX Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/IMAX (the “IMAX Facebook Page”); (ii) have a Facebook account; (iii) have an Internet connection; (iv) be considered a member in good standing with Facebook, as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion; and (v) follow the instructions in the call to action relating to Dunkirk provided in any message posted by Sponsor on the IMAX Facebook Page that indicates there is an opportunity to enter for a chance to win Prize(s). In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the Facebook account at the time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered Facebook account holder is deemed to be the natural person who registered with Facebook using a certain e-mail address assigned by a relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered Facebook account holder and the owner of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a Promotion service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period will be included in the drawing for Prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon Entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button or when the Sponsor receives the Entrant’s entry form at the address above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. Canadian residents should refer to Section 6 below about the need to correctly answer a skill-testing question before being declared a winner. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The IMAX Facebook Page's database clock with be the official time keeper for this Promotion. Limit one entry per person.
4. PRIZES: The "Prizes" to be awarded in this Promotion are as follows: One (1) Prize winner (the “Winners”) will receive: one (1) signed IMAX 70mm Dunkirk Filmstrip Display (ARV $120.45), and four (4) IMAX tickets* (ARV $112) (the “Prize”).
ARV (Approximate Retail Value) of the Prize is $232.45. Any difference between the ARV and actual retail value of a Prize will not be awarded to winners. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and Entrants hereby acknowledge that any Prize awarded is awarded “as is” and Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including, without limitation, to the Prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the Winner with any portion of the Prize, the Sponsor may elect, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to provide Winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The stated ARV of the Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. To claim a Prize and before Winner is awarded said Prize, a Prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with Winner’s correct full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number for tax reporting purposes. Each Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize they receive. Unclaimed Prize will be forfeited. The Prize will be awarded provided that a sufficient number of eligible entries are received.
*IMAX Movie Tickets:
U.S. Only: *Each IMAX Ticket will be in a form of a Fandango Promotion Code. Each winner will receive a Fandango Promotional Code(s) via e-mail valid for an IMAX movie ticket (which is worth up to $28 total, inclusive of any convenience fees) to see a movie currently in IMAX theaters in the United States. The Fandango Promotional Code must be activated at www.fandango.com/promo/IMAX. Once activated, the Fandango Promotional Code is valid for purchase of an IMAX movie ticket at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango app for IMAX theaters in the United States. The Fandango Promotional Code must be redeemed by 06/30/18 and is void if not redeemed by the expiration date (expires on 06/30/18), and is only valid for purchase of IMAX movie tickets made at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango app and cannot be redeemed directly at any IMAX theater box office. If lost or stolen, the Fandango Promotional Code cannot be replaced, and there will be no refunds. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid for one-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If cost of movie ticket with Fandango’s convenience fee included is more than maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code, then user must pay the difference. Any price difference between movie ticket purchased and maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code will not be refunded. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $28 USD. Limit 1 rewards per person. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC or its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this Promotion and are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Promotion. The redemption of The Fandango Promotional Code is subject to Fandango’s Terms and Policies at www.fandango.com/terms-and-policies. All Rights Reserved. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
Canada Only: If a winner is from Canada (excluding New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Prince Edward or Quebec), the equivalent number of Cineplex® Certificates will be provided. In the event that a winner is from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Prince Edward, Canada, a Visa gift card in the equivalent currency will be provided. Residents of Quebec, Canada are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
**Each unique promo code found on these IMAX ticket is VALID ONLINE ONLY at www.Cineplex.com/IMAX for up to $20.25 to see any IMAX film. Valid until 11/1/17. One (1) promo code valid per transaction regardless of the number of tickets purchased. Each promo code is valid for one (1) time use only. Not valid for Late-Night Screenings, Midnight Showings or other special engagements. No cash or credit given on transaction where the total value is less than $20.25. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon, voucher or special discount offer. Promo code is NOT eligible to earn SCENE® points. Paid admission tickets in winner’s order earn SCENE points as per standard earning terms. Limit of five promo codes per household. Offer cannot be redeemable for cash and are not valid for re-sale. TICKETS PURCHASED WITH THE PROMO CODE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. NO TIME EXTENSIONS ARE ALLOWED. WINNER SHOULD CONFIRM ORDER BEFORE PURCHASE. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. Cineplex Entertainment LP is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined by checking the list of Entrants who completed the Sponsor’s call to action. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to any Facebook function that may interfere with the Promotion or ability of Entrant to timely enter. All Winners of the Promotion will be selected at random from among all qualified entries from the list of Entrants who completed Sponsor’s call to action. The drawing date for the Promotion is on August 7, 2017. Winners will be announced on August 7, 2017, at or about 12:00 P.M. PDT. The potential winners will be contacted within 24 hours of when the Winners are announced in a manner set forth below.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Winners will be notified via: (i) a post by Sponsor on the IMAX Facebook Page; (ii) a message on Facebook from Sponsor; or (iii) a message through the Facebook messenger application within approximately twenty-four (24) hours from the time the potential Winner is selected (“Notification”). In the event that Sponsor is unable to reach the potential Winners or a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours from Notification, the potential Winner will be disqualified and Sponsor will select a new Winner according to these Official Rules, time permitting. Additionally, if the potential Winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the potential Winner has rejected the Prize. Once the potential Winner is contacted, the potential Winner will then be required to complete and return, via e-mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and where legal a Publicity Release, and any other additional documents required by Sponsor (“Required Documents”) within five (5) business days from Notification, or if Winner is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance or Conformation of Eligibility and Release, within five (5) business days of Notification attempt or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Winner may be selected, time permitting. If the potential Winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer unaided via e-mail, an arithmetic skill-testing question prior to receiving prize. Return of Notification will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Winner will be selected, time permitting. In the even the potential Winner is under the age of majority, Required Documents must be signed and returned by the potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian prior to the awarding of the Prize.
7. GENERAL/RELEASES/INDEMNIFITEES: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any way, shall be disqualified. Entrants and Winner agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Warner Bros., Fandango, Cineplex and each of their respective officers, employees, directors, parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating theatres, agencies and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) from liability of any kind or nature for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind or any other costs or expenses resulting from or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder or from Entrant’s participation in this Promotion, or acceptance, possession or use, misuse or awarding of a Prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, any injury, damage death, loss or accident to person or property. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to use Winner’s name, likeness, biographical data and statements for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or additional compensation. The Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, human or other errors in these Official Rules, in the administration of the Promotion, in the announcement of the prize Winners, and/or in any advertising or other associated promotional materials in connection with the Promotion. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for Facebook, technical, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, dropped dial-up Internet connections, interrupted broadband, cable, or wireless Internet connections, cell phone dropped calls, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestions, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an Entrant’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone or other electronic computing or telephone equipment, or other matter relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion and no compensation will be payable. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GOVERNING LAW / DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Promotion.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS (U.S.$250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of Winner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before October 9, 2017.
11. SPONSOR: IMAX Corporation, 2525 Speakman Drive Mississauga, Ontario L5K 1B1, Canada.
12. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Dunkirk IMAX Sweepstakes (Facebook), 12582 West Millennium Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90094.
13. TAXES: Winner will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize Winner receives. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the Prize if and to the extent required by law.
///END OFFICIAL RULES///
© 2017, IMAX Corporation. IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.
© 2017 Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this promotion.
® Cineplex Entertainment LP or used under license