Andrew Stewart | Manager, Corporate Communications
Hey, IMAX fans!
Welcome back to FRIDAY FEATURE. As you can imagine, the focus here this past week has been on all things Batman v Superman – and we couldn’t be more excited! Here’s a quick rundown of the five biggest reasons why you should be too:
- Zack Snyder – As the man behind the camera (and quite often an IMAX® camera, but more to come on that in a minute), Zack is the driving force behind the look and feel of this movie. It’s a visual and aural feast made with the smallest details in mind.
Head of IMAX Production Lorne Orleans recalls Zack’s first reactions to the IMAX presentation, saying, “You could just see him jumping out of his seat, hooting and howling, and really thrilled with the results.”
That’s all the convincing I need … except there’s more!
- IMAX® cameras – This really ties back to Zack, who chose to shoot key footage of Batman v Superman with our cameras, the highest-resolution cameras in the world. And the numbers really speak for themselves:
· IMAX 15 perf/65mm film provides almost 10x more resolution than 35mm film
· An IMAX frame has upwards of 18K pixels of horizontal resolution (HDTV has only 1,920 pixels)
· Zack is just one key filmmaker today using our cameras, joining an impressive club that includes Chris Nolan, J.J. Abrams and Michael Bay.
- Aspect ratio – Because who doesn’t want to see more?!
Cool, huh? IMAX xenon systems feature the 1.9:1 aspect ratio, while IMAX with laser and IMAX 15/70mm film projectors feature 1.43:1.
Most importantly, though, they’re exclusive to IMAX!
- Formats – For those die-hard fans out there, we’ve got you covered. Where available, go see Batman v Superman again in 2D and 3D and across the various cutting-edge projection technologies, including dual xenon digital system, IMAX 15/70mm film and our next-generation laser system. Note: make sure you check local listings for format information.
- Sound – While IMAX is perhaps best known for our image quality, we’re really proud of our sound system as well. IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a truly unique movie-going experience; and now, we are working with filmmakers to make an even more impressive 12-channel soundtrack available to IMAX theatres equipped with this system. Again, contact your local theatre if you have questions.
So there you have it! Not that you needed five reasons to see BvS in IMAX, but who doesn’t love a good factoid?
See you there!