Hey, IMAX fans!
Happy Friday and welcome back to Friday Feature. Earlier this week, IMAX announced in partnership with Twentieth Century Fox that Kingsman: The Golden Circle — the much-anticipated follow-up to the worldwide box-office hit Kingsman: The Secret Service — will be released in IMAX® theatres domestically and throughout select international territories starting September 22.
Commenting on the news, IMAX Entertainment CEO Greg Foster said, “With Kingsman: The Golden Circle, we are excited to join forces again with our friends and partners at Fox, along with the incredibly talented director Matthew Vaughn, in offering fans around the world fun and stylish entertainment in IMAX.”
The Golden Circle is the perfect candidate for the IMAX format and joins the ranks of some pretty fun and irreverent action comedies to have graced the IMAX screen in the past, including Deadpool and Kingsman: The Secret Service.
So without further ado, here are some interesting Kingsman tidbits to keep you in the know:
· The Golden Circle marks the first time that IMAX fans in the U.S. and Canada will get to see this kick-ass franchise in action in IMAX. (The first film received only a select international run in IMAX in 2015.)
· The Golden Circle reunites director Vaughn with stars Academy Award® winner Colin Firth, Taron Egerton and Mark Strong, all of whom teamed up on the first Kingsman outing.
· This time around, a band of A-list stars are joining the fray, including a trio of Oscar® winners — Julianne Moore, Halle Berry and Jeff Bridges — and Channing Tatum!
· Impressively, Tatum has been featured in five past IMAX releases — more than any of his fellow Kingsman.
· Vaughn’s wife — none other than super model Claudia Schiffer — serves as executive producer on The Golden Circle — a role she had on the first film (though under the name Claudia Vaughn).
Watch the awesome new trailer for Kingsman: The Golden Circle and be sure to check back with IMAX.com for more fun and exciting news from Friday Feature!
— By Andrew Stewart, Manager, Corporate Communications