As a part of its commitment to push boundaries and do things never before done in cinema, IMAX has launched IMAX with Laser – a groundbreaking, next-generation laser projection and 12-channel sound system.SEE ALSO: Avengers: Endgame was filmed entirely with IMAX® Cameras
Created to transport audiences into today’s biggest blockbusters, IMAX with Laser delivers stunning images and heart-pounding audio on the biggest screens for the world’s most immersive cinematic experience yet.
True Reality Captured and Projected
IMAX with Laser has been designed from the ground-up exclusively for IMAX screens. The experience is set apart by its next-generation 4K laser projection system which features a new optical engine and a suite of proprietary IMAX technologies that deliver increased resolution, sharper and brighter images, deeper contrast as well as the most distinct, exotic colors ever available on-screen.
The new experience also features IMAX's 12-channel sound technology with new side and overheard channels that deliver greater dynamic range and precision for the ultimate in audio immersion.
- Sharpness: Experience incredible detail in every image with a sharper, clearer and crisper picture that delivers a heightened level of realism on the biggest screens.
- Brightness: Laser brings an increased level of brightness to fill IMAX screens with the most vivid and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
- Contrast: Dramatically greater contrast levels in each frame provides a level of depth that takes you out of your world and draws you into the movie.
- Color: The widest range of colors available to filmmakers so they can present more vibrant, deeper and richer colors in IMAX than ever before.
- Sound: Whether it’s a pin drop or feeling the heart-palpating force of a volcano, with IMAX’s next-generation 12-channel sound system audiences will experience a new kind of powerful, immersive sound they can feel.
Audiences will be able to experience IMAX with Laser soon.