As a part of its commitment to push boundaries and do things never before done in cinema, IMAX has launched IMAX with Laser – a groundbreaking, next-generation laser projection and 12-channel sound system.
Created to transport audiences into today’s biggest blockbusters, IMAX with Laser delivers stunning images and heart-pounding audio on the biggest screens for the world’s most immersive cinematic experience yet.
True Reality Captured and Projected
IMAX with Laser has been designed from the ground-up exclusively for IMAX screens. The experience is set apart by its next-generation 4K laser projection system which features a new optical engine and a suite of proprietary IMAX technologies that deliver increased resolution, sharper and brighter images, deeper contrast as well as the most distinct, exotic colors ever available on-screen.
The new experience also features IMAX's 12-channel sound technology with new side and overheard channels that deliver greater dynamic range and precision for the ultimate in audio immersion.
- Sharpness: Experience incredible detail in every image with a sharper, clearer and crisper picture that delivers a heightened level of realism on the biggest screens.
- Brightness: Laser brings an increased level of brightness to fill IMAX screens with the most vivid and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
- Contrast: Dramatically greater contrast levels in each frame provides a level of depth that takes you out of your world and draws you into the movie.
- Color: The widest range of colors available to filmmakers so they can present more vibrant, deeper and richer colors in IMAX than ever before.
- Sound: Whether it’s a pin drop or feeling the heart-palpating force of a volcano, with IMAX’s next-generation 12-channel sound system audiences will experience a new kind of powerful, immersive sound they can feel.
Audiences will be able to experience IMAX with Laser soon.
View this post on Instagram
You better believe it #CaptainMarvel. This is just the beginning. #Repost @brielarson | Thank you to the military families, STEM students and all the other cuties who came to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum to see the Captain Marvel trailer in IMAX. Amazed that anyone would want to see my face that large.