Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story IMAX Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. THE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. MINORS WILL NEED THEIR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Rogue One: A Star Wars Story IMAX Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is a sweepstakes that provides entrants (each, an “Entrant”) a chance to win the prizes listed below. See below for more details. The sponsor of this Promotion is IMAX Corporation (“Sponsor”). Any references to “you” or “your” shall be a reference to Entrant.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to natural persons who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Rhode Island) or the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the beginning of the Promotion Period (as defined below). The Promotion may only be entered in or from the U.S. (excluding Rhode Island) or Canada (excluding Quebec). Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction will be disqualified. An eligible minor must check the age of majority of their state or province and must obtain his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering. Employees of IMAX Corporation, Walt Disney Studios (“Disney”), Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC (“Fandango”), Cineplex Entertainment LP (“Cineplex”), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, directors, and officers, and each of their immediate family members and persons living in their same household (whether legally related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins on December 22, 2016 on or about 12:00 am Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") and ends on January 5, 2017 at 11:59 pm PDT (the “Promotion Period”). To enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period: Go to the Promotion registration page located at: http://www.imax.com/extras/sweepstakes (the "Web Site"). The Web Site will contain a description of the Promotion and the official entry form. Complete the entry form with Entrant’s first and last name, e-mail address, country, zip code and date of birth and click on the "Submit" button. Entrant must complete the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Entrants who are not currently subscribers to the Sponsor's e-Newsletter may choose to subscribe on the Promotion entry form. Subscribers will receive IMAX news, sweepstakes announcements, film announcements and occasional requests to update their subscriber profile via e-mail. Subscribers may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription is not required to enter the Promotion. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the submitted e-mail address by the relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a sweepstakes service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period, will be included in the drawing for prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon Entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button or when the Sponsor receives the Entrant’s entry form at the address above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. (Canadian residents should refer to Section 6 below about the need to correctly answer a skill-testing question before being declared a winner). All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The Web Site's database clock with be the official time keeper for this Promotion.
4. PRIZES: The "Prizes" to be awarded in this Promotion are as follows: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: one (1) ANOVOS Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Shoretrooper Helmet (ARV $499.00), one (1) Kotobukiya Rogue One: A Star Wars Story K-2S0 ARTFX+ (ARV $79.99), one (1) Funko Pop! Rogue One: A Star Wars Story figure (ARV $9.99), one (1) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Imperial Death Trooper Voice Changing Mask (ARV $26.95), and four (4) IMAX tickets* (ARV $84.00). Four (4) First Place winners will receive: one (1) Kotobukiya Rogue One: A Star Wars Story K-2S0 ARTFX+ (ARV $79.99), one (1) Funko Pop! Rogue One: A Star Wars Story figure (ARV $9.99), one (1) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Imperial Death Trooper Voice Changing Mask (ARV $26.95), and four (4) IMAX tickets* (ARV $84.00).
ARV (Approximate Retail Value) of the Grand Prize is $699.93. ARV of each First Place Prize is $200.93. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,503.65. Any difference between the ARV and actual retail value of a prize will not be awarded to winners. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and entrants hereby acknowledge that any prize awarded is awarded “as is” and Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, including, without limitation, to the prizes’ quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with any of the prizes, the Sponsor may elect, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The stated ARV of the prizes are based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. To claim a prize and before prize winner is awarded said prize, a prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with prize winner’s correct full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number for tax reporting purposes. Each winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited. All prizes will be awarded provided that a sufficient number of eligible entries are received.
U.S. Only: *Each IMAX Ticket (i.e. movie certificate is redeemable for one admission (up to $21 total value) to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (or any IMAX film), at any showing, at participating theaters in the U.S. Winners can activate the reward code to receive their movie certificate online at http://www.activaterewards.com/imax. The reward code must be activated by 7/31/17 and will be void if not activated and used by the expiration date. Movie certificate will expire one month from the date of online reward code activation and will be void if not used by the expiration date. If lost, cannot be replaced. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. No change will be provided. Internet access and printer required, and winner must bring printed certificate to the participating theater box office to redeem. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid only in U.S. and valid for one-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If cost of movie admission is more than the maximum value of the movie certificate then user must pay the difference. Movie certificate is powered by Fandango. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this promotion.
Canada Only: If a winner is from Canada (excluding New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Prince Edward or Quebec), the equivalent number of Cineplex® Certificates** will be provided. In the event that a winner is from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Prince Edward, Canada, a Visa gift card in the equivalent currency will be provided. Residents of Quebec, Canada are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
**Each unique promo code found on these certificates is VALID ONLINE ONLY at www.Cineplex.com/IMAX for up to $19.99 to see any IMAX film. Valid until 11/1/17. One (1) promo code valid per transaction regardless of the number of tickets purchased. Each promo code is valid for one (1) time use only. Not valid for Late-Night Screenings, Midnight Showings or other special engagements. Any cost above $19.99 (including taxes) is the consumer’s responsibility. Payment may be made by debit card, credit card or Cineplex gift card. No cash or credit given on transaction where the total value is less than $19.99. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon, voucher or special discount offer. Promo code is NOT eligible to earn SCENE® points. Paid admission tickets in Entrant’s order earn SCENE points as per standard earning terms. Limit of five promo codes per household. Offer cannot be redeemable for cash and are not valid for re-sale. TICKETS PURCHASED WITH THE PROMO CODE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. NO TIME EXTENSIONS ARE ALLOWED. ENTRANT MUST CONFIRM ORDER BEFORE PURCHASE. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.∞ Cineplex Entertainment LP is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this Promotion.
Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about January 6, 2017, from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period by Sponsor or a representative selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion. Eligible entries are those in which all required fields have been completed correctly and otherwise comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All potential winners will be notified via e-mail within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the potential winners are selected. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail or placing of the telephone call (“Notification”). In the event that Sponsor is unable to reach the potential winner or he/she does not respond within five (5) business days from Notification, he/she will be disqualified and Sponsor will select a new winner according to these Official Rules, time permitting. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize. Once a potential winner is contacted, the potential winner will then be required to complete and return, via e-mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and where legal a Publicity Release, and any other additional documents required by Sponsor (“Required Documents”) within five (5) business days from Notification, or if the winner is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance or Conformation of Eligibility and Release, within five (5) business days of Notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer unaided via e-mail, an arithmetic skill-testing question prior to receiving prize. Return of Prize notification will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. In the event a potential prize winner is under the age of majority, Required Documents must be signed and returned by minor’s parent or legal guardian prior to the awarding of prizes.
7. GENERAL/RELEASES/INDEMNIFITEES: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any way, shall be disqualified.
Entrants and prize winners agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Disney, Fandango, Cineplex, and each of their respective officers, employees, directors, parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating theatres, agencies and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) from liability of any kind or nature for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind or any other costs or expenses resulting from or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder or from Entrant’s participation in this Promotion, or acceptance, possession or use, misuse or awarding of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, any injury, damage death, loss or accident to person or property. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to use winner’s name, likeness, biographical data and statements for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or additional compensation.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, human or other errors in these Official Rules, in the administration of the Promotion, in the announcement of the prize winners, and/or in any advertising or other associated promotional materials in connection with the Promotion. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, dropped dial-up internet connections, interrupted broadband, cable, or wireless internet connections, cell phone dropped calls, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestions, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an Entrant’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone or other electronic computing or telephone equipment, or other matter relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion and no compensation will be payable. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GOVERNING LAW / DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Promotion.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before March 2, 2017.
11. SPONSOR: IMAX Corporation, 2525 Speakman Drive Mississauga, Ontario L5K 1B1, Canada.
12. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Rogue One Sweepstakes (IMAX.com), 12582 West Millennium Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90094.
13. TAXES: The winners will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
///END OFFICIAL RULES///
© 2016 IMAX Corporation. IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.
U.S. movie certificate is powered by Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. © 2016 Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
® Cineplex Entertainment LP or used under license.