Groups & Field Trips
O&O Theatre Info
At the Esquire IMAX Theatre, it's easy to treat all your VIPs to the best seat in the house. Whether you are trying to impress a business client, treating staff to a great night out or creating a larger-than-life birthday party, IMAX Theatres provide a fantastic alternative to traditional group venues.
Make your child feel like a star by having a birthday party at the IMAX Theatre. Our films are perfect entertainment for all ages and our party room will give you the privacy you want when serving the birthday cake!
Consider enhancing your meeting with a larger-than-life IMAX® Experience! Our specially designed theatre is ideal for corporate meetings, product launches, multi-media presentations, and private film screenings.
Whatever the purpose of your group event, the Esquire IMAX Theatre is the venue for you. For more specific information on what we offer, contact April Kovac or call at 916 446 2333 *201. We look forward to hearing from you.
Have your birthday party with us at the Esquire IMAX Theatre and be a shining star!
Birthday Packages include:
- IMAX Birthday Party Invitations
- Admission to an IMAX film for each child
- Kiddie Combo Pack for each child (small soda, small popcorn, small candy)
- Party Room for 1½ hours either before or after the film
- VIP Entrance into the Theatre
- Birthday Star receives a movie poster
Parents provide: Tablecloth, Plates, Utensils, Napkins, Cups, Birthday Cake, Candles, Matches and Decorations (no confetti or silly string. Any additional food or refreshments you wish.
IMAX Documentary Package (first 10 children)
Additional Children - $13
Adults - $8 (does not include concessions)
IMAX Special Engagement Package (first 10 children)
Additional Children - $18
Additional Adults - $13
For more information or to book your party, contact April Kovac or call 916 446 2333 *201
- Please call one business day in advance (Monday-Friday) before your party to confirm attendance
- Please make sure that that each driver knows how to get to the Esquire IMAX Theatre
- Downtown Sacramento can be confusing and busy so please allow extra time to find parking and the theatre
- We validate 50% off the first 90 minutes in the Esquire Parking Garage on 13th Street between J and K and at the Sheraton Parking Garage on 13th Street between J and K streets. We offer a $5 discount validation coupon for the Capitol Garage on L Street and 10 Street.
- We ask that you arrive 20 minutes early before the start of your film. This time is needed to serve the children their popcorn, soda and candy.
- Payment is due in advance. Payment must be in one lump sum
- Films will begin promptly at the time stated on your confirmation. Being on time is important. If you are going to be late the day of your party please call 916 443 4629 and let us know
- All cancellations are to be done at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to cancel within this time frame is subject to $50.00 cancellation penalty
Corporate Theatre Rental
The Esquire IMAX Theatre is a unique and affordable place for a private event. Host your group event at the landmark Esquire IMAX Theatre and choose a film from our exclusive film library! You can choose the space that meets your needs, you can choose from...
What We Offer
- Full Theatre Rental: includes lobby, upper mezzanine, full theatre and AV – reception and theatre capacity 382. Choose from one of our preferred caterers or utilize the concession stand including beer and wine. Special group packages available. Choose a film from our film library.
- Mezzanine Rental: upper mezzanine rotunda, projection viewing area – reception capacity 50-60. Great for Awards, recognition or training.
- Conference Room: small room includes chairs, privacy and conference table – capacity 10-15. Great for small meetings.
We also offer:
- Lobby display, banners
- Box office handouts
- On-screen / lobby advertising
- Film sponsorships
- Tables / linens
- Custom printed tickets
- Parking vouchers
All costs based on date, time and availability. All costs customized and based on client needs. Book to visit the theatre for a complete walk through of theatre opportunities! Contact to schedule a convenient time. Call or contact April Kovac at 916 446 2333 *201 or email email@example.com for more detail and information.
Field Trips and Community Groups
Your group will have a Larger-than-Life experience at the Esquire IMAX Theatre, offering both educational IMAX and IMAX 3D films. Whether you encounter wild animals in Africa, swim to the bottom of the sea, or take a spin with astronauts from NASA, our large-format films are guaranteed to take you places you've never been before. An affordable and exciting option for school field trips, community groups, camps, YMCA's, Scouts, youth groups or family reunions!
Our Film LIbrary includes:
Adventures in Wild California
One ticket will be complimentary for every 20 tickets purchased. Reservations are required in order to receive the group rate. To make a group booking, please contact April Kovac at 1 916 446 2333 *201. Please include group name, number of students/adults, desired date and film.
Three Reasons Why You Should Order Group Concessions (for groups 20 or more):
- It's inexpensive
- It's fair for all students (Nobody feels left out and everyone gets the same thing)
- It's ready for you when you arrive (With larger groups, there is no guarantee that your group will be able to order concessions. Typically, there is only one person working concessions and it makes it difficult for everyone to purchase items with time constraints. Pre-ordered concessions are always first priority!)
Complete your IMAX Experience with a fresh popcorn and soda or hot dog lunch!
Popcorn Pack $3.50 ($6.50 Value) - MUST BE ORDERED 2 DAYS IN ADVANCE
- Small Soda
- Small Popcorn
Hot Dog Lunches $5.00 ($8.00 Value) - MUST BE ORDERED 10 DAYS IN ADVANCE
- Hot Dog
- Small Bag of Chips
- Small Soda
For more information, contact April Kovac or call 1 916 446 2333 *201.
Is your organization looking for a simple, creative and turnkey way to raise funds?” The Esquire IMAX Theatre offers an easy solution. Invite your supporters and their families to enjoy a unique IMAX film experience.
Here’s How It Works...
Your organization receives up to 382 tickets to an exclusive private screening at a reduced rate. Your organization sells tickets for this special private screening for the price of your choosing (above 7.00*). The day of the event you provide the unsold tickets and are charged $7.00 for every sold ticket. You keep 100% difference for your organization.
*Traditional 45 minute IMAX Film: $7.00 **Full Length Hollywood Feature Film: $13.00
The Esquire IMAX Fund Raising Event Package Includes:
- Exclusive Screening of an IMAX Film (you choose from film library)
- Small Popcorn and a Small Soda for each Guest
- Microphone and Podium (10 minutes to address guests before or after film)
- On Screen slide before film / provided by organization and pre-approved by management
- Customized Event Tickets - $50.00 deposit required upon approval and contract signing – deposit applied to balance evening of event
With this type of ‘night out at the movies’ entertainment event, you can choose to price the tickets affordably or request a premium (it’s all for a good cause!).
For more information and to begin your fundraising experience, call 1 916 446 2333*201 or email April Kovac.
The IMAX Educator Connection is an exclusive membership for educators only. Benefits include advance information on upcoming films or special events and personal invitations to educator film screenings.
To join email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, school, grade level and subject.