The Curse of La Llorona Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, GUAM, PUERTO RICO, U.S. VIRGIN ISLAND AND OTHER TERRITORIES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
ENTRY VIA INSTAGRAM AND INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT, CONNECTION REQUIRED.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you, as Entrant, agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract so read them carefully before entering. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Sponsor (defined below) from you, Entrant, and a limitation of Entrant’s rights and remedies. Each Winner may be required to execute Prize Acceptance / Declaration of Compliance or Confirmation of Eligibility, Affidavit and/or release of Liability Form(s).
- Sponsor. IMAX Corporation, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90094, USA (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. The Curse of La Llorona Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents who are physically located in the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, and in Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of Entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Island and other U.S. Territories, in the province of Quebec, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. (Each entrant to the Sweepstakes shall be referred to in this Official Rules as “Entrant”).
- Any individuals (including, but not limited to, employees, colsultants, independent contractors, and interns) who perform services for Sponsor, Administrator, Warner Bros. Pictures (“Warner Bros.”), New Line Productions, Inc. (“New Line”), Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC (“Fandango”), Cineplex Entertainment LP (“Cineplex”), any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, persons invlived in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the The Curse of La Llorona, and/or their respective parents, subsidiary, affiliated and successor, and immediate family members and/or those lving in the same household, whether legally related or not (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), are no eligible to participate or win any prize. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, family members are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited by law. Instagram, LLC (“Instagram”) is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and does not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. During the Entry Period, Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram and Entrants must: (i) have an internet connection; (ii) have a Instagram account or create one by following the instructions on https://www.instagram.com/; (iii) be considered a member in good standing with Instagram, as determined by Instagram in its sole discretion; and (iv) follow the instructions (like and comment) in any call to action provided in any Instagram post on Instagram Stories that indicate there is an opportunity to enter for a chance to win a prize (“Entry”). Entrant’s Entry must be a reply to the specific post calling out the Sweepstaeks on Sponsor’s Instagram account (i.e., “@IMAX.movies). The call-to-action is subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Entrant’s Instagram account is set to “protected mode” or “private”, Entrant’s Entry may not be visible to Sponsor. Any replies that do not appear as a comment to the specific post calling out the Sweepstakes on Sponsor’s Instagram account will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, Entries entered via Instagram are “received” when Instagram records your post and it is visible to Sponsor.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple Instagram accounts or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive, profane or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Instagram account of the Entry, which the Entrant will have the obligation to establish. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider and/or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic.
NOTE ABOUT MOBILE: If Entrant opts to receive Sponsor's Instagram updates or enter the Sweepstakes via Entrant’s wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), standard text messaging rates or data charges may apply for each text message or data sent or received from Entrant’s handset according to the terms and conditions of Entrant’s service agreement with Entrant’s wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime, data charges and carrier charges) and may appear on Entrant’s mobile phone bill or be deducted from Entrant’s prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans or data plans may vary, and Entrant should contact Entrant’s wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone means that Entrant understands that Entrant may receive additional data from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifications to Entrant if Entrant is a potential winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to Entrant’s carrier's rate plan. Use of Instagram may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Cell phone/internet service may not be available in all areas. Entrant should check Entrant’s phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
NOTE ABOUT “PRIVATE” OR “PROTECTED MODE”: Sponsor may not receive entries from Instagram users with “protected” or “private” updates (i.e., user has set their account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) due to the way Instagram operates its services.
- Prize(s) and Values. The “Prize” to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is as follows: Two (2) Prize winners (the “Winner”) will each receive: One (1) The Curse of La Llorona poster (Approximate Retail Value, “ARV”, U.S. $30) and four (4) IMAX tickets (“IMAX Tickets”)* (ARV U.S. $112).
ARV (Approximate Retail Value) of each complete Prize is $142 (U.S. Dollars). Any difference between the ARV and actual retail value of a Prize will not be awarded to the Winner(s). The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and Entrants hereby acknowledge that the Prize is awarded “as is” and Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including, without limitation, to the Prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by the Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. The Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the Winner(s) with the Prize, the Sponsor may elect, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to provide the Winner(s) with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The stated ARV of the Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. To claim the Prize and before the Prize is awarded, each Prize Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with his or her correct full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number for tax reporting purposes. Each Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state/provincial and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize they receive. Unclaimed Prize will be forfeited.
*U.S. only: Each Winner will receive the equivalent Fandango promotional codes (each a “Promotional Code”), via e-mail, valid for an IMAX Ticket (i.e. movie certificate) (up to U.S. $28.00 total ticket and convenience fee value) to see a movie currently in IMAX theaters in the United States. Each Promotional Code must be activated at www.fandango.com/promo/IMAX. Once activated, each Promotional Code is valid for purchase of an IMAX Ticket made at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango app for IMAX theaters in the U.S. The Promotional Code is void if not redeemed by each Winner by 1/30/20. Any IMAX Tickets will be void if not activated and used by expiration date. Only valid for purchase of IMAX Tickets made at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango app and cannot be redeemed directly at any IMAX theater box office. If lost or stolen, cannot be replaced, and there will be no refunds. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid for one-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If cost of IMAX Ticket with Fandango’s convenience fee included is more than maximum value of the Promotional Code, then user must pay the difference. Any price difference between the IMAX Ticket purchased and the maximum value of a Promotional Code will not be refunded. ARV per ticket: U.S. $28.00. Limit one (1) reward per person. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC or its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this Sweepstakes and are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes. The redemption of the Promotional Code is subject to Fandango’s Terms and Policies at www.fandango.com/terms-and-policies. All Rights Reserved.
*Canada Only: If a Winner is from Canada (excluding New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Prince Edward or Quebec), the equivalent number of Cineplex® voucher codes (each a “Voucher Code”) will be provided. In the event that a Winner is from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Prince Edward, Canada, a Visa gift card in the equivalent currency will be provided. Residents of Quebec, Canada are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
Each unique Voucher Code is VALID ONLINE ONLY at www.Cineplex.com/IMAX to see any IMAX film. The expiration date of the Voucher Code is 12/31/20 Eight (8) Voucher Codes valid per transaction regardless of the number of tickets purchased. Each Voucher Code is valid for one (1) time use only. Not valid for Late-Night Screenings, Midnight Showings or other special engagements. Any cost above $20.99 (including taxes) is the consumer’s responsibility. No cash or credit given on transaction where the total value is less than $20.99. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon, voucher or special discount offer. Voucher Code is NOT eligible to earn SCENE® points. Paid admission tickets in Winner’s order earn SCENE points as per standard earning terms. Limit five (5) Voucher Codes per household. Offer cannot be redeemable for cash and are not valid for re-sale. TICKETS PURCHASED WITH THE VOUCHER CODE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. NO TIME EXTENSIONS ARE ALLOWED. WINNER MUST CONFIRM ORDER BEFORE PURCHASE. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. Cineplex Entertainment LP is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this Promotion.
- Winner Selection and Notification. The potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected at random by Sponsor or a representative selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, from among all qualified eligible Entries from the list of Entrants who posted on Instagram according to the call to action for the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period. Qualifying eligible Entries are those that comply with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s call-to-action (where applicable). Sponsor is not responsible for changes to any Instagram function that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or ability of Entrant to timely enter. The drawing date for the Sweepstakes is on April 22, 2019 at 11:00 AM PDT in Los Angeles, California. The Winner will be announced on May 6, 2019, at or about 12:00 PM PDT.
Each potential winner will be contacted, within 24 hours of the when the potential winners are announced by direct message feature on Instagram for the user account that submitted the Entry. If a potential winner is not a follower of @IMAX, then he or she will have to either: (i) set their potential winning Instagram account to follow @IMAX (so that Sponsor will be able to send a private direct message via Instagram); or (ii) check in “pending direct message queue” and accept the direct message from @IMAX – both within time stated in the notice of the Sponsor’s submission of a direct message to a potential winner’s Entry or else the Sponsor may disqualify the winner’s Entry. However, this is only for purposes of facilitating eligibility verification and prize fulfillment communication and may be discontinued following that process. It is Entrant’s responsibility to set Entrant’s account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check Entrant’s account for such message.
Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of delivery of notice attempting to use such methods. The potential winners may be required to submit a Prize Acceptance Form / Declaration of Compliance/Affidavit of Eligibility or Confirmation of Eligibility and Release of Liability (collectively, the "Required Documents") within five (5) business days of attempted notification. If the notification, or Required Documents are returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, are lost, rejected or faulty or if Sponsor does not receive a response from any potential winner within five (5) business days of attempted notification, such winner may be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner. Non-compliance may result in disqualification and award of the Prize to an alternate winner. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Any potential winner who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without aid or assistance in order to claim any Prize. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question will result in forfeiture of the Prize and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If, for any reason, a more bona fide winner comes forward seeking to claim Prizes in excess of the number of each type of Prize set forth in these Official Rules, the Winners, or remaining Winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of Prize(s) available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such Prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Any and all taxes are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
- Odds. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
- General/Releases/Indemnities: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Sweepstakes in any way, shall be disqualified. Entrants and each Prize Winner agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, Fandango, Cineplex, and Instagram and each of their respective officers, employees, directors, parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating theatres, agencies and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”) from liability of any kind or nature for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind or any other costs or expenses resulting from any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder or from Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or acceptance, possession or use, misuse or awarding of a Prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, any injury, damage death, loss or accident to person or property. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to use Winner’s name, likeness, biographical data and statements for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or additional compensation.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, human or other errors in these Official Rules, in the administration of the Sweepstakes, in the announcement of the Prize Winner, and/or in any advertising or other associated promotional materials in connection with the Sweepstakes. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, dropped dial-up internet connections, interrupted broadband, cable, or wireless internet connections, cell phone dropped calls, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestions, incomplete or inaccurate capture of Entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an Entrant’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone or other electronic computing or telephone equipment, or other matter relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes and no compensation will be payable. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIVERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICAITON FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RELEASED PARTIES, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OFHTE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Governing Law / Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or country’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT.
- Sponsor: IMAX Corporation, 2525 Speakman Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L5k 1B1.
- Winner(s) List: To obtain the name of the Winner, please contact email@example.com or please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to The Curse of La Llorona Sweepstakes, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90094, USA, before May 31, 2019.
- Copy of the Rules: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to The Curse of La Llorona Sweepstakes, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90094, USA.
- Taxes: Each Winner will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state/provincial, and local) and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize they receive. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold.
///END OFFICIAL RULES///
© 2019 IMAX Corporation.
IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.
U.S. movie promotional code is powered by Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. © 2019 Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC.
® Cineplex Entertainment LP or used under license.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies’ products and services as a prize does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Sweepstakes by such companies.